Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's resolutions for 2009

For one, I'm going to take a stab at blogging! And more than just today's post. 

For two, I'd like to turn my Sundays into battery-recharging days. You know, do things that make me feel relaxed, things that I enjoy... like reading the Sunday paper, cooking up a big batch of soup, talking on the phone with family and friends, exercising and--if I end up liking it--blogging. 

I guess a corollary to the above resolution is that I need to find time during the work week to do some of the errands and chores that tend to eat up precious weekend time. That probably means watching less TV after dinner. I know it sounds easy to do, but this habit--turning on the computer to watch the previous evening's John Stewart and Steven Colbert shows, and then sometimes something else--is fairly ingrained. If I get up to leave "early," Cliff will sometimes throw his arms around me to keep me there a little longer. The gesture is so sweet I stay. 

These resolutions aren't overly ambitious, I'm aware, but I think they'll help make me happier. And maybe I'll come up with a few more in the ensuing days and weeks of the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment